Sunday 25 September 2011

A polka-dot shirt


On the subject of clothes from the 80s that have been largely unwearable ever since: a polka-dot shirt, bought from The Gap in 1988.  

Its black dye has faded with repeated washings, so I must have worn it a lot (under a long-lost velvet-soft black suede bomber jacket). But not recently; not for 20 years.


How is that things that seemed so right can come to feel so very wrong?  The fear of joining the ‘man-blouse’ phenomenon that seems still worryingly prevalent may yet stop me from giving this shirt another chance this Autumn. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I've been looking for a shirt exactly like this for ages. What size is it? I'd be really keen to buy it if you would consider parting with it?

    If you are interested please email me at dominicmacfarlane@hotmail.com

    Thanks,

    Dom.

    ReplyDelete